Discover Naramata is a non-profit, member-run organisation, acting as an informal Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Bureau for the community of Naramata, BC, Canada. The society’s mission is to encourage visitors to experience the existing charm of Naramata, support business initiatives, and encourage interest in the Naramata area.
Membership in Discover Naramata has its benefits:
- Discover Naramata’s Guide & Tourist Map and Discover Naramata’s KVR Map: This programme was started 2012 and has continued every year since. In 2016, 20,000 copies of the Guide/Map were printed and distributed free of charge throughout the Thompson-Okanagan corridor. Each year, the Discover Naramata Guide/Map is available in select Visitor Centres, at all Naramata Bench wineries and at all the member businesses such as lodgings and stores. In addition, Discover Naramata publishes a map of the Kettle Valley Rail Trail each year, also distributed free to members of the society.
- DN Website listings: With over 2 million pages viewed annually and approximately 150,000 unique visitors, this site is a very important tool for advertising your accommodation, restaurant, art or artisanal work, as well as activities and services.
- Redesigned website to be even more effective: the site has been reworked completely in 2016 so as to be responsive (meaning it will adapt to the device it is viewed on such as tablets, smartphones as well as standard computers) and now features image galleries for each business listing as well as more in-depth information about each business for visitors, events taking place in the area, and even an illustrated history of Naramata.
- On-line accommodation request form: allows visitors to direct their booking requests to accommodations that suit their needs effectively and automatically.
- Social Media presence: With over 700,000 impressions annually, Discover Naramata provides member businesses with a place to advertise upcoming events or activities both on the site, and on our social media accounts (see the Board of Directors page for contact information). Use #NaramataLove on both Facebook and Instagram or follow @Discover_Naramata
- Event Poster Board at the Naramata Store: Promote your business’ event using our member-only event poster board located at the Naramata General Store.
- Free Workshops & Networking Events: With numerous events and workshops hosted throughout the year, our members have access to numerous networking and learning opportunities to achieve their business goals.
- Discover Naramata’s mailing address:
Discover Naramata Community & Business Society
P.O. Box 164,
If you are interested in becoming a member of Discover Naramata, please use this link to get in touch with the director responsible for membership.